Conversations Inviting Change
with Dr John Launer and trained facilitators
Professionals all need sophisticated interactional skills. "Conversations Inviting Change" is a narrative-based approach to encounters in health and social care that can enrich all professional work. CIC is based on the simple idea that everyone - whether as a patient, client, learner or colleague - benefits from telling stories about their experiences, and being skilfully questioned about these.
CIC can be applied in:
• person-centred consultations with individuals and families
• supervision, coaching and mentoring
• team development and facilitation
• conflict resolution
• training in reflective practice and professionalism
• action learning sets and collaborative learning groups
• leadership and management
• creating a culture of respect
About Dr John Launer
Dr John Launer was the originator, with Caroline Lindsey, of "Conversations Inviting Change" (CIC). This is a narrative-based model for interactional skills, used in encounters with patients, clients and families, as well as for individual and group supervision, mentoring, coaching, team facilitation and conflict resolution. John has given presentations and workshops on "CIC" in every region of the UK and in Europe, Israel, Japan, the United States, Canada and Australia. Visits in 2018 included Palestine, Denmark and Italy.